Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Father's Day Frosty

I had no idea that Dave Thomas, the founder of Wendy's, was adopted as a child. Here's an excerpt from the website http://www.davethomasfoundationforadoption.org/

"During Father’s Day Weekend, June 14 and 15, Wendy’s will donate 50 cents from the sale of every Frosty product, including new Frosty Shakes, at participating restaurants, to the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption.

The goal is to raise more than $1.3 million to support the work of the non-profit Foundation and its signature program: Wendy’s Wonderful Kids (WWK). This program is filling a critical need by funding and supporting full-time adoption recruiters at local agencies throughout the U.S., the District of Columbia and Canada to march parents with waiting foster care children."

2 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, so if I take the kids to get a frosty I'll get bonus points from them and the adoption organization. How cool is that!!!

Cheryl said...

I saw the Lapeer Wendy's putting up the promo on their sign this morning at 8:30 a.m.! I think I'll be splurging on a Frosty this weekend. (I'm off to get in an extra hour of aerobics to make up for it!)