Thursday, June 5, 2008

Here we go...

June 5, 2008

Well, this is my first attempt at blogging. Until more recently, I didn't even know what blogging was. And, as Jamie says...I spend so much time on the computer, I may as well do something worthwhile while I'm on it! I actually think that means that he hopes this will curb my online search for more children to adopt!

Speaking of adoption, that is the main reason for this blog. BEYOND THE HORIZON, there are millions...yes, millions of orphans that need mommies and daddies. BEYOND THE HORIZON may simply be the next county over...or it may stretch to the other side of the world. Maybe it's China...Taiwan...Thailand...Ethiopia...

International adoption has been on my heart since I was a girl and saw the beautiful little face of a Romanian baby girl gracing our local newspaper. She was adopted by a local judge and his wife in our small town. At that point, I had no idea how God would use her photo to lead me in the direction my life has gone. We have adopted twice: once from China, and once from Taiwan. Yesterday, we just received approval through our agency to adopt from Thailand.

My goal through this blog is to not only keep family and friends up to date on our adoption journey to Thailand, but also on what's happening in the world of adoption. You just never know when God will call you to step out of your comfort zone...as the song says..."Comfortable, don't get comfortable. I am gonna move this mountain...then I'm gonna move you in." (sung by Brandon Heath)

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Angie,

Your song and wonderful commentary on adoption and following God's plan has brought tears to my eyes. You and Jamie are an inspiration to so many people, I know. God bless you and your family.

Love,
Gayle