Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Princess!

Our little princess turned five years old today. She is such a blessing to our family, and as our pastor said this morning, the word blessing means to be happy. Laura makes us very happy and brings joy and laughter to our family every day.

Today we celebrated with about 50 family and friends. We feel so fortunate to have aunts, uncles, great aunts, great uncles, grandparents, cousins, 2nd cousins, and friends to celebrate with us! The rain held off most of the afternoon so we could be outside and we enjoyed a yummy BBQ! Since Laura is 5 today, I'll share 5 things that make her extra special:
1. God made her exactly perfect...just the way He intended her to be!
2. She has THE biggest smile you have ever seen!
3. Laura started walking this year, on March 12 to be exact...right on Aunt Julie's birthday!

4. This little one will never outgrow cuddles...she loves to be held, carried, hugged...anything for a cuddle!
5. She has the cutest little temper. She gets a little determined look on her face and either slaps the table (if she's sitting by one) or her leg to get her point across. Sometimes she even lets out a little squeal if she's really determined!
There's so much more that makes our princess special...but for this year, I'll leave it at 5! We love you, Yi Yi!

3 comments:

Karin said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!! She is precious! :)

Cheryl said...

I have been trying to post on her "Paws" Blog, but it won't let me. You must have it locked? Anyway, I wanted to tell Laura that as I have been training - walking, riding, running - along the roads, I pick up returnables and will collect the deposits for her new puppy. I am so excited that I rode 18 miles today and collected over $3. It's slow, but adding up!

Adeye said...

Happy happy birthday to your sweet girl. Sorry I missed this post. What a special day for your family. Goodness, that is just the MOST adorable pic of her :) I agree with Karin, she is just precious.