Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Leavin' on a jet plane

Actually, I don't know what kind of plane we'll be on because that's Jamie's department. I just know it has two really big wings, and hopefully a bit of leg room. Twenty-two hours travel time is a long time to be contorted like a pretzel. We have been spoiled with air travel. When we lived in Germany, we flew between continents on the corporate plane....LOTS of space. I remember traveling coach afterward and Jacob asking where the personal TV was. Welcome to the real world, honey. Then when we traveled to Taiwan to bring Charlie home, we had enough miles to upgrade to business class. This time...cattle class. I can hear the mooing now...

The two little ones are off on vacation with my parents, my brother and sister-in-law and their two teens. Laura and Charlie will have a blast and come home totally spoiled! Should be fun "detoxing" them after 2.5 weeks being gone. Honestly, though, I'm not concerned about them one bit...they're in great hands. As I left them, they both were waving and smiling. They know how good they're gonna have it!
Jamie, Jacob and I fly out on Friday, and will meet our new little boy on Monday. I have butterflies...no, bats...in my tummy. I'm nervous and excited, wondering how he will react to us, how we'll communicate, and of course, hopeful that all of our paperwork will be complete and without delay.
I know I have a great group praying for us while we're gone. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I feel great comfort in knowing that prayers are going out for us all. Check back for updates!

4 comments:

amyhusted said...

Your heading reminds me of the song by Peter, Paul and Mary - I think. Oh, maybe not. Anyways, we love you guys and we can't wait to hear about your travel and meet your son/brother.

Sugar Momma said...

And the time has come...finally! So happy for you! We will be praying for you and thinking about you often as you begin this new chapter in the Miller family.

As for economy class...it really isn't so bad. We flew round trip both times to China...just keep thinking...this too shall pass :)

Enjoy your time in Thailand - can't wait to hear all about your trip and the newest treasure to join your family :)

Megan said...

It is so about time you get to go, Angie! We will be praying for safe travels and easy transitions for all. I hope the blanket works well for you guys, too! ENJOY! And I can't wait to follow along!

Cheryl said...

YAY! So you should be halfway there by now? We will be thinking about you and praying for you...Can't wait to meet Amarin! Blessings!