Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thailand, Take 3

How many takes before we get to Thailand? Hopefully, only 3! As of this moment, our paperwork is complete, the flights are booked, and hotel rooms are reserved. Suitcases need to be unpacked (yes, they've been sitting in our diningroom for 2 months) and repacked, checklists have to be rechecked and then, once I'm on the plane, I think I may take some sleepy medicine and vegitate for 22 hours. I guess I should wake up long enough to change planes in Japan...

Back in May, I posted prayer requests. These have not changed, minus the dates. Thank you for keeping us all in your prayers. We are so excited to FINALLY meet Amarin. He looks so quiet and shy in the photos (so NOT like the boys in our family). I just can't wait to see how this all transpires. Each "Gotcha Day" is so unique!
We will be posting updates on our blog from Thailand barring any firewalls. Unfortunately, we can't post photos until our court date 6 months after we return...that's the rule! So, you'll just have to trust me as how adorable he really is!!!

6 comments:

Sugar Momma said...

It truly is exciting just waiting to see how it all works out and knowing that Lord has planned this from the beginning. Wonderfully amazing times for you my friend!! Can't wait to hear all about Amarin and Thailand...a bit sad about the pics...Maybe Jacob could draw a picture of him for us ;)

Adeye said...

I am soooooo exited for you. What a strange rule. But that's okay--I believe you that he is totally adorable :)

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

So happy to have found your blog via Megan's Jet to Thailand blog. We adopted our teenage daughter from Thailand this year through WACAP. Tell me more about your story!

amyhusted said...

Wahoo - Thailand here we come. I know you're going to keep us all updated so we'll feel like we're experiencing your adventure too. We're all so excited for you and the family.

Karin said...

Can't wait to hear from you in Thailand. Bummed about the 6 month-no-pics rule, but will believe you that he is adorable. :)

Anja said...

We will keep you in our thoughts and wish you all members of your family only the best on your new exiting phase. I willl definetly keep checking here to see how you are all doing and sooner than we all think I am sure the 6 month rule will fly by!