Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Healthcare Revolutionary Idea

I get daily emails from Natural News. It contains a lot of information about vaccines, natural healants, etc. that I find helpful and informative. But there's a lot of info, and frankly, I don't have time to read it all. But today, I scrolled down to the bottom of the email and found this petition link:
It's a petition bound for Washington D.C. (with enough signatures) that actually helps the tax payer when they decide to take personal responsibility for their health. It asks for tax advantages for things like gym memberships, exercise equipment, reimbursements for alternative therapies and natural medicines, etc.
Not only does this seem viable for our family, as we do try to avoid the doctor's office when we can, but think about how much people just may try to be healthier. I don't know...it's a different approach to health care. Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't. But it sure would be nice to see something put in place to make people take responsibility for themselves rather than relying on government handouts, now, wouldn't it?

3 comments:

Karin said...

Interesting idea...We try to prevent illness as much as possible, too.

Adeye said...

I love the idea. I think I saw the badge on someone else's blog too. I'm going to check it out.

Prevention is way better than cure, hey???

Thanks for the info, dear friend.

amyhusted said...

Thanks Angie. You put words to my thoughts.