Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm Retreating

Yes, I'm heading out tomorrow right after lunch with three friends from church. We are going to a retreat about 3 hours from home for some relaxation, rejuvenation of spirit, and a ton of fun. I'm not sure how much sleep I'll get since there are seminars until 10PM. Maybe I can sneak a nap in during the afternoon. No...there are too many other fun things like canoeing, horseback riding, rifling, zip-cording, rock wall climbing, high roping, nature walking, bon fires, etc.
I think I've decided on horseback riding and rifling...yes, rifling. I've never, ever shot a gun. Not even something I thought I was interested in until I read it on the list of things to do. Hmmmm....Annie Oakley? Maybe not. You should have heard my dad when I told him what I planned to do. It doesn't matter how old daughters get...we're still daddy's girl!
So, Jamie's on his own this weekend with the 4 kids. I've only asked that the house be tidy when I get home Sunday night. Think that'll happen?? I did leave a note with ideas for meals...including bananas, carrots and apples. Bet they're still there when I get back, and I'm guessing there will be pizza boxes in the garbage can. Oh well...they'll have fun. Jacob asked when I was leaving. Hmmm...anxious for me to leave? He only answered with a smile. Boys!

5 comments:

Karin said...

Sounds like tons of fun! Have a wonderful time--and come back needing some sleep, but refreshed in spirit. :)

Annie Oakley, huh?? :)

Adeye said...

It must be the weekend for retreats--I'm also going on one. My first time in seven years with no kids :)

Have the BEST time, friend.

Megan said...

You enjoy yourself, Angie!! Sounds like my kind of retreat! I look forward to hearing about your time off and how the hubby and kids fare!

Blessings~

Anja said...

Good for you, Angie! I am amazed how much you guys still manage to travel and go places! Have lots of fun and don't worry too much about the children, I am sure they will love the Pizza and "daddy takes it easy" weekend!

amyhusted said...

Okay, I hope I get an invitation to the retreat next year. It sounds like so much fun and really rejuvenating: Zip cord, shooting a rifle, horse back riding. Can't wait to hear how much fun you had.