Friday, May 14, 2010

C*medy Centr*l...Not Funny

Sometimes I feel like I'm becoming an activist. It's like there's a never-ending battle for goodness and morals in society. Somedays, I think I'd prefer to bury my head in the sand and just pretend that TV shows are funny, music shares hope, kids are innocent, adults have morals, and love abounds. But, like 2 Timothy 3 states, there will be difficult times.
A friend sent me this email, and she granted me permission to share it. Thanks, Joy!
The Comedy Central network has a long history of denigrating Jesus Christ and the Christian faith. Now, they are developing a new series called "JC" that will openly mock Jesus and give Comedy Central even more time and latitude to increase their attacks on a religion practiced by 80 percent of Americans.
Just weeks ago, Comedy Central censored a depiction of the prophet Mohammad after intense Muslim protest. But Christians are fair game!
I am outraged by this unabashed double standard, and I'm protesting against Comedy Central and its parent company Viacom and their plans to air this show mocking Christians.
I have just added my name to a Media Research Center petition, and I'm urging you to do the same by clicking here now:
We cannot allow the Hollywood Elite and the left-wing media to continue to savage Christians. That's why I'm taking action and I hope you will do the same.
Thanks for joining with me.
Mrs. Joy Boots

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

So sad. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

I feel your pain...when I started my blog, I thought it would mostly be about family hi-jinks and goings on, but it is often an outlet for my frustrations against our society. I just want to be mom....Michelle....I don't like my social crusader hat.