Thursday, September 2, 2010

More Words from our Children

Still lovin' that I can record things our kids say and do so we won't forget these sweet moments. Yesterday, there were two in particular that I wanted to remember.
First, we were in the van talking about weather, and Char said he wanted to move to FL (primarily, Disney World). I told him I would miss a lot here, including our house! Amarin suggested that we move our house, then, too, and then I wouldn't miss it. Being a practical parent, I shared that we couldn't move a house! Then he said with assurance, "Just pray and ask God to move it!" I'm thinking this is the faith Jesus talked about that we should all have, right? Asking God to do what we think is impossible and watch Him work!
Next, Amarin and Charlie were playing with a load of toy cars in the livingroom...cars EVERYWHERE! Specifically, they were playing Lightening McQ**n. I heard Charlie say, "OK. I'm hungry (speaking for his car) and it's time to eat. Let's ask God to bless this food."
Really? So Amarin says, "Don't pray yet. We're not ready." A moment later, Char's car "prayed" for the food and then they continued playing. Reminds me of Deuteronomy when we're told to talk about God when we're sitting, walking, lying down, or standing.
3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth.

No comments: