Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful - Day 1

Thanksgiving is upon us, and it's so important that we take time to really be thankful for so many things with which we've been blessed. So, for the next week or so, I, or a family member, will be posting some thankful thoughts.
*My husband and boys who took over cooking dinner, cleaning up, and bathing the little ones last night so I could go to bed at 6:30 to try to sleep off a migraine.
*Waking up in the middle of the night to hear the rain hitting the roof and windows. Is there anything more cozy than being bundled in my warm bed, listening to the elements outside?
*Friends that stop by for a cup of tea.
*My children's friends who are respectful, obedient, and creative in their play.
*Dark mornings so I can watch the stars move their positions over the past few months while I have some quiet time with God.
*Beautiful sunrises...reds, oranges, yellows, purples.
*Encouraging emails from prayer partners.
*Listening to my boys play the piano and tuba (well, learning!).
*Staying home to school my oldest boys, and care for my little boy, home from school with a bad cough.
*Watching Laura smile as her school bus arrives to take her to school.
*Hearing Charlie love on his little friend, bundling her in blankets and stuffed animals, asking, "Are you comfy, sweetheart?"
What you are thankful for this season?

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

I am thankful for the new friends we meet along the road of life and the old friends who are traveling that road with me.

Adeye said...

Love your thankful list, friend. There truly is sooooo very much for be thankful for, isn't there? Even in the hard times, God is good.

Cheryl said...

I am thankful I had the opportunity and blessing of Homeschooling and experiencing all the precious things I got to see and hear through the day. I'd do it all over again, if given the choice. (Even with those not-so-fun days) :) Truly, each day is a gift from God to be thankful for.