Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful - Day 8

Tomorrow is it! The big Thanksgiving celebration. And, friends, we all have so much to be thankful for. I've enjoyed posting a few of my thankful thoughts this past week, leading up to Thanksgiving...a holiday that becomes more and more precious to me each year.

I'm learning to be thankful, and find the joy, in the little things each day...each moment. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring, so I'm trying hard not to worry, because today can have enough challenges of its own. I'm learning not to be concerned about everyone else's opinion. I'm not here to please the world, but to please my God in heaven. And if I'm striving for that, then the rest will fall into place. And if along that journey, I please the world...fantastic. To God be the glory!
More thankful thoughts in no particular order
*little hands to help prepare for our Thanksgiving celebration
*creative boys that help their not-so-creative mom


*my husband...willing to run to the grocery store for those last minute items
*and his willingness to take Laura for a haircut...usually a loud, whiney, hissy-fit experience (for Laura, not Jamie!)
*that he stops frequently to fill the tires in my van that don't seem to hold air in cold weather
*brothers that enjoy one another's company
*recipes that turn out...OK...so it boiled over...it should still taste good, right?



*having all 5 of my children's photos hanging in our hallway...5 kiddos...sweet!
*a God to whom I can pour out my heart when it's aching for our travel approval to go to China, and then be at peace
*a gift from my youngest of almost dead flowers off the plant that has been in our mulch pile for over one week

*the big smile my youngest has as he hands me those half-dead flowers...along with a runny nose from playing in the brisk November air...too cute
*my oldest's ability to help me with our mountain of laundry
*listening to a Christian radio station while working around the house
*watching jobs get crossed off of my to-do list

2 comments:

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

Thank God!

Cheryl said...

The decorations were festive (I wanted a placemat like the kids had...)and the food too yummy! Even though it bubbled over, I enjoyed my few bites of the strawberry-rhubarb cobbler. ;-)
Thanking God for the Miller Family - they have really big hearts!