Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sweet times

'Tis the season for baking cookies! I really don't enjoy baking that much...maybe because it never turns out...so luckily Jamie has taken over the cookie baking at Christmas.

Picking out the cookie cutters

Laura just being her cute self!


Rolling out the dough
I think Char had more flour on himself than on the cupboard!

Oooh...the masterpieces!

THEN...
we decided to make homemade gifts for teachers and bus drivers.
So, if you are one of the kids' teachers, you may want to stop reading for now!
And, yes, we're including bus drivers. I can't imagine having their job...no way, no how!
We decided to give gifts in a jar...specifically, hot cocoa mix.
So, Jacob started measuring the ingredients. They had to double the batch...so that's a math lesson, right? No more skipping school for us...ahem...
Look at Amarin's concentration...either that, or he's in daze...

Then we had to prepare ribbons, candy canes, gift tags, and felt toppers.

And, voila! The jars are ready to be given.
And for those who are looking for gifts that are not too pricey,
(like us since we have 3 bus drivers and 6 teachers),
this works out to less than $3.00 per gift, plus it's a lot of fun for the kids to make!

6 comments:

Adeye said...

Oh so absolutely precious! Making beautiful family memories...I love it.

Chrissy said...

Hi, just checking in for some TA news. Our agency received a couple this week so was hoping you had too. Wouldn't that be a wonderful Christmas surprise next week?!?! I also think this is the first time I have seen Jamie on the blog! Have a very Merry Christmas and New Year FULL of blessings!

Karin said...

Looks yummy! :) I haven't made a single cookie yet. Sigh.... Had such big plans of sending them to Ryan but it hasn't happened. Maybe next week.

So sorry about your lost paperwork at CC*A. ugh. Hopefully they will process everything quickly and you can be off to China.

Anja said...

You go boys!!! So nice to see a picture of Jamie also! You all look great and happy! Miss you all very much...
Have a very Merry Christmas and a even more so happy New Year!
A big hug,
Anja

amyhusted said...

I see Jamie and Gary each have the job of Christmas Cookie Baker. I hope you guys liked our first batch of cookies (yes, I always get involved whether I want to or not). I love that all your boys are involved and love Jamie's grin. Yummy, yummy memories.

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

My husband used to teach and would get those wonderful homemade gifts. We loved them! Teachers love those kinds of gifts best!