Friday, January 14, 2011

Dear Jenna,

Dear Jenna,

It's 6:30 A.M. on January 14th. I'm (Mommy) at the computer, drinking my coffee on the morning we leave to meet you and become a family. Family means you're our daughter...forever. And we're your mommy and daddy, brothers and sister...forever. When you cry, we'll be here to help. When you triumph, we'll be here to cheer for you. When you want to be silly, we'll be here to laugh with you! There's so much a family is and does, and we can't wait for you to be in ours. Three more days, baby girl, and you'll finally begin to understand "family."

Oh, and all of your brothers and sister have a song that is "theirs." This is your song, and when we hear it on the radio, we all say...hey...that's Jenna's song! Your daddy tears up every time he hears it. I think he pictures you growing up and "finding your wings" too quickly for his liking. I picture the short time I have to teach you about being a girl...a young lady..a wife and a mommy someday. Oh, how we'll treasure the time that you're home with us.

We love you so much, Jenna Mei. We just can't wait to hold you and love you!

7 comments:

Kam said...

Praise the Lord your travel time has finally come and her time to be placed in your family is here! Have a fantastic flight/trip and know we are thinking of you!
Much love and cyber hugs~

Cheryl said...

So excited for you and praying! I love that song - it is one I heard on my way home from leaving Cristin at CSU for the first time. What a privilege to help them find their wings. Love it! Love you all...

Jenny said...

Praise God!!! Praying for your travel and meeting sweet sweet Jenna Mei!!!

Adeye said...

Go get that beautiful little angel, friend. Thinking about you and praying for you.

amyhusted said...

The anticipation I felt when opening your blog today is nothing compared to what you are feeling - joy and anticipation as you count down the hours. I am so grateful that you share these moments with us, 'Your Blog Followers'. I know the Lord will shine his blessings on you and your family during this time. May God bless you and keep you safe. Love and many prayers friend :)

Jean said...

I love that song, too! They grow up to fast but what a blessing to be part of it!!

Thank you Jesus!

Karin said...

I LOVE that song. So glad the day is finally here that you can go get your sweet Jenna. Can't wait to see her in your arms!!