Sunday, January 9, 2011

On Dating My Son

OK...I'm not even going to touch this subject with a ten-foot pole in regards to our boys for at least 50 more years...:) But I was reading my new Thriving Family magazine from Focus on the Family, and thought this was pretty funny. Here's an excerpt...
Seven Rules For Dating My Son
Rule One: If you would like to talk with my son, please do so in the church foyer.
Bring your Bible.
Rule Two: If you call my house to talk with my son, your conversation may be
monitored by a customer service representative.
Rule Three: The following locations and activities are acceptable for your date:
Rule Four: My son cannot use my minivan to drive you to a mall. He has a bicycle.
You may ride on the handlebars.
Rule Five: Please do not touch my son. Do not lean against him unless you are faling over and are in danger of plunging from a cliff....
Rule Six: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for girls your age to wear Fergie-style "shirts" that do not reach their low-slung pants. My wife and I want to be fair and open-minded about this, so you are free to show up in such attire.
My wife will affix it properly to your body with a glue gun.
Rule Seven: Above all else, remember that we've been praying for this boy since God gave him breath, and we will continue to. When he chooses a godly girl, we will be overwhelmed with joy. Until then, we'll pray that you'll chase Jesus first and watch everything else fall into place.

5 comments:

Serving the King said...

Ha! I love this!! Mind if I repost?! This is too great!!

amyhusted said...

Thats GREAT!!! I'll have to share with others.

Jean said...

Cute!! This Momma loves her sons, too- so girls stay away unless you are a sister!

Sugar Momma said...

Love it!! Now that sounds like a plan :)

Karin said...

hahaha...that is so funny! I might read that to my teen. :)