Saturday, February 26, 2011

Published!

I'm excited! The book we've been waiting for arrived today!
It's a book many of you, I'm sure, would love to read and relate to on many levels.
A few years back, I wrote Laura's adoption story. Her adoption was not what we anticipated, and it held many challenges. But through those challenges, God was doing His mighty work in our lives, even though we weren't seeing it at the time. It's a story I wanted to share. Guideposts was looking for new stories, and I wrote it hoping to get it published. Her story wasn't chosen. But...
A short time later, I received an email looking for adoption stories that could possibly be published in a Christian book for families in all stages of adoption. So, I submitted the story and it was chosen! A few revisions needed to be made, basically just shortening it a bit, but most of it remained.
I received 2 copies today in the mail and it looks wonderful. It's full of stories, scripture, quotes, photos...
I can't wait to dive in and read it cover to cover.
The book is scheduled to be released in March, and I'm set up to host a
blog "book tour" on March 30.

8 comments:

Jean said...

Wow!! I can't wait to get it!!

Adoption is such a journey- and usually NOT the journey we anticipate. Thank goodness HE has a plan!

Rebekah said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Adeye said...

Oh my goodnes....that is sooooooo wonderful! Cannot wait to get it.

Karin said...

Woohoo!! Me, too! :) I can't wait to read your story and it's very cool to know our stories will be in the same book!

ahusted said...

That's so awesome. The stories in that book will definitely provide encouragement for those that will be adopting some day. I'd like to read it too.

barbara said...

Way cool! I'd love to read it.

MICHELE CERVONE SCOTT said...

Thanks for posting this. I'm excited that you're excited! May God use this book to encourage many more forever families.

Chrissy said...

I just got this from Amazon this morning and cannot put it down. Of course, I had to leaf through and find your article first. You have a wonderful talent for storytelling. Thanks for letting us know about it, thanks for sharing Laura's story, and congratulations on being published!