Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yes, we have no bananas...

We are seeing so, so much of this...

Her smile is simply contagious.
Really, how could it not be?
She loves playing and wrestling with her brothers...

And taking baths with her sister.


But, lest I deceive you into thinking that we are living in fairytale-ish,
post-adoption bliss...
we're not.
I'll keep it real here, folks.
Sometimes I get looks like this.
(Jamie took this and she's glaring right at me).
Because I won't allow her to eat 2 bananas.
Well...you know what happens if you eat too many bananas!
And I just can't find the words to explain this in Chinese.
So for now...I'm the mean mom.
That look, which in turn lead to this...

usually followed by whimpers...then sobbing...then screaming...then some good 'ole foot stompin' fun. Her brothers take off running when this happens...usually before the screaming starts. One...because the girl can break eardrums with her volume, and two...they have to stifle their giggles because they can already predict her actions and think her little fits are hilarious.

8 comments:

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

Hang in there! Glad to see that you're also getting the smiles!

Holly said...

Love that you keep it real. I wonder how she might respond if she knew her siblings found her fits to be a bit funny? Do you think it would help them diminish or only serve to make her madder?
Elaina would eat an entire BUNCH of bananas but with her IA issues, we have to feed her lots of high fiber foods and bananas are not on the list of poop moving foods! sorry!!

Cari said...

awe...but she so cute even when she's glaring...hehe!

Jenny said...

I hear ya sister!! And I think Jenna and Lauren are soul sisters. :)

Adeye said...

Aaaahhhhh....could that little pout be any cuter?????? PRECIOUS!

Chrissy said...

Ever get the feeling Nanny gave them what they asked for just to keep them quiet?

I love the whole face, scrunched up nose smile!

Kathy Roberts said...

Love Jenna's smile.....and the glare. Precious! Jenna's got a wonderful, "well-rounded" personality :) Gotta love it! Life would be so boring if our kids just smiled all day :)

ahusted said...

Oh Jenna, I love your smiles and Angie I think you're right on the money. For what you've told us, Jenna would have some very awful screams if she had too many bananas.