Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mediterranean Lentil Salad

I've been asked for this recipe, so I thought I'd share it here. It's not costly, and is very healthy. We all love it! I think I may have gotten it off someone else's blog, but I don't remember...
Mediterranean Lentil Salad
makes 8 servings
1 cup dry brown lentils
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
1/2 teas. thyme
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 teas. salt
1/4 teas. pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
In saucepan, combine lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for 15-20 minutes until lentils are tender but not mushy. Drain out water, remove bay leaf. Add remaining ingredients and serve room temperature. (We have eaten it warm, room temp., and cold...all good.)

5 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

Sounds similar to what I make with the exception of the thyme and olive oil. I look forward adding it to our "lentil" night!!!

Thanks!

amyhusted said...

I haven't made this dish in ages. I think it's what's for dinner tonight! Thanks for sharing :)

Liz Tolsma said...

I found you via A Place Called Simplicity and wanted to say hi. We have a beautiful 8 year old daughter from the Philippines with an unexpected diagnosis of microcephaly. You're daughter is lovely and I'm sure you'd agree-our daughters are special treasures from God and certainly one in a million! I enjoyed my visit and congratulations on your recent adoptions.

Cheryl said...

OK, so I bought a bag of lentils just to make your salad. :)

Cheryl said...

Just want to tell you that I made this, yesterday...Craig said it is one thing he could eat every day! 8-)