Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Making Memories

Our days in a few snapshots.

Here we have my "brave" boys killing a poor, helpless spider...with their swordsThen it was my job to pick it up and flush it. Thank you for the fearless protection!

These two crack me up...and are usually under close surveillance. My two peas-in-a-pod!

Remember that "brave" boy in the above photo, taking on the spider? Well, here he is taking on the job of cleaning the rabbit cages...and all that has dropped below them over the LONG winter. Yes...he is donning protective eyewear, a full mask, gloves, winter boots, and came asking if I had any dr. masks to cover his nose and mouth. Buddy, you make me laugh...mostly because you're serious about this "costume!" Charlie hit another milestone...no more training wheels on his bike! We tried once on the grass and he took off like lightening...which happens to be true speed for this child. Turning is a little tough, as is the take-off, but he's doing great and loves being like his big brothers. This little gem wanted in on the action...no bike yet...but a darling helmet! With a face like this, Daddy should be arriving home with a girly bike very soon.
The first icecream cones of the year!


One of Jenna's favorite activities outside...the sandbox!

Even better is when mommy tells you it's OK to take off your shoes and socks to play...great news for a little one that never keeps socks on her feet anyway.

Sweet Laura is sick again. As always, the dr. says it's a virus that can last from a week to 10 days...high temps, not eating, and very clingy and whiney. Poor thing...times like this I wish she had words to tell me what hurt.


3 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy belated birthday to you and Jacob. Your brave defenders can come kill spiders at my house any time. I think all American spiders must originate in NC!!! Praying that Laura feels better soon!

Lori said...

Oh, that pic of Jenna in her helmet just makes me SMILE. What a sweet face she has!! I love it!

And I love your fearless warriors. Little boys just crack me up!! Your little guys remind me of my boys when they were little!

So sorry for your sick little girly. Sigh...it's so hard!!

Karin said...

I'm so sorry you had such a trying week. :( I love how you are able to count all your blessings, though, and find joy in each day. Thank you for the reminder!!