Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First One Leaves the Nest

Jacob is our first child to "fly the coop." Well, only for one week, but still...none of our kids have been away from us for that long without family or close friends caring for them.

But he took off this morning for a Christian camp. He said he was nervous, scared, and excited...all at the same time. We arrived at the bus pick-up location 40 minutes early. Yeah...guess I could have relaxed that a little.


Everything he needs for the week fit into one suitcase and one duffel.


And this is what hauls all their luggage to camp...the camp's own semi!


Charlie gets a goodbye hug.
(The whole ride home Charlie kept telling me that he already missed Jacob).


Amarin, too, but he wanted to add a kiss...silly brothers!



Jacob hung out with some friends that were also going. We were so glad that we could arrange for him to go this same week with his buddies. Some of them have gone before, and they've been talking about camp for weeks!


Bye, Mom!


Jacob got a seat in the middle of the bus per his Dad's advice. Don't want to have to ride 3 hours in the back of a bumpy bus.


The bus line up...full of campers from all over the state that caravan up to camp.


Jacob hopped off the bus to greet a couple more friends.


The buses pulled out right on time. See ya next week, buddy!



4 comments:

Cari said...

Can't wait to hear how camp week goes for Jacob, but my guess is that he'll have a blast!

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

Wow! That's a lot of buses! I LOVED going to my Christian camp every summer. It was where I grew the most in my Christian walk. May it be an awesome experience!

Karin said...

Hey...I think I recognize those green buses! Is he going to Barakel? If so...he will LOVE IT!!! My kids have been going there for years. It's amazing!!

amyhusted said...

What an experience he will have and I'm wondering if that was me if I would have had some tears? So happy for Jacob and I can't wait to hear some camp stories.