Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where is your...

hope? In whom do you trust? What gives you true peace and contentment when times are difficult or when you're having a down day?


We've had a lot of hospital time this past week with family members, as well as trying to support a couple close friends whose relatives are battling cancer. Now, the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

I truly do not know how anyone can cope with life's struggles on their own. How desperate and hopeless it must feel without a strong relationship with God.

God has truly been our hope, refuge, and strength through tough times, tough decisions.


Psalm 146

1 Praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord, O my soul!

2 I will praise the Lord while I live;

I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.

3 Do not trust in prinecs,

In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.

4 His spirit departs, he returns to the earth;

In that very day his thoughts perish.

5 How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,

Whose hope is in the Lord his God.

6 Who made heaven and earth,

The sea and all that is in them;

Who keeps faith forever;

7 Who executes justice for the oppressed;

Who gives food to the hungry.

The Lord sets the prisoners free.

8The Lord opens the eyes of the blind;

The Lord raises up those who are bowed down;

The Lord loves the righteous;

9 The Lord protects the strangers;

He supports the fatherless and the widow,

But He thwarts the way of the wicked.

10 The Lord will reign forever,

Your God, O Zion, to all generations.

Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Karin said...

I so agree...how do people cope with out God to help them? So grateful for HIM!!!