Monday, September 19, 2011

Wrestling an octopus

Guess who got to dodge a day of school today?

Boy, some kids really go the extreme to stay home!

Ha...hardly true...this girl loves to get on that school bus each morning!

Anyway, I got a call from Laura's teacher this morning saying that Laura took a fall while walking to her locker with a friend. She hit her head and there was some bleeding, and the nurse wanted to me take a look at it. Oh, and she was fine as we talked, all nestled in someone's arms. Yep...sounds like my girl!


So off we trooped to the school, and when we arrived, she was happily eating her pancake snack. We thought it best to have the dr. check out the cut, just in case.

So, after a TWO HOUR WAIT, (not that I was frustrated or anything), we were told it looked fine, wash it, put some cream on it, and it should heal just fine.


We were able to eat lunch together.

Oh, and I got to wrestle an octopus as I tried to wash her cut.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

But just look at the big eyes on that cute octopus!

ahusted said...

Oh, you should have brought her over to me. Although I don't know if I could have handled the octopus. I've had to bandage up a couple of head wounds. Liquid bandaid is a great invention.

Debbie Sauer said...

Glad she is OK. Such a cutie!! Blessings