Saturday, October 15, 2011

I Was Sad

Our new fall/school photos arrived in the mail already today!

I love pulling the prior year's photos off the wall, putting the new ones next to them,

and seeing how much the kids have changed right before our eyes!


Obviously, Jenna's has changed tremendously. Unfortunately, the exact photo I had hanging on the wall is no where to be found on disc. I know it's somewhere, but I'm tech-impaired. This one is close to it...but in this one she has a little smile.


When Jenna saw her "old" photo, she told me that she wasn't happy then. She was sad because she didn't have a mama and daddy. This coming from a 4 year old's mouth...remembering her feelings in the orphanage. How my heart breaks for the millions of children still waiting.


Now look at her...smiling, confident, vibrant, full of vip-and-vinegar!

And loud. Have I mentioned that she's LOUD? I truly see her singing and dancing on stage someday...with no need of a microphone!

What amazing changes we have seen over the past 9 months in this princess. Our family just wasn't complete without her!



7 comments:

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

Wow! She hardly looks like the same kid. So glad that she's finally free to be herself and to be loved in a family! What a little princess!

Cari said...

she is such a cutie girl with so much wisdom, too! :)

Megan said...

Such incredible differences! It just takes a family of love for 9 little months and there whole world is changed. If only more could see the changes!

Jenny said...

So so so sweet. :) She is so blessed to have you - and you her. :)

Kristin said...

You mean you don't need me to send you Anni's karaoke machine? 'Cause I would send it... gladly! I'm so glad Jenna has you, and you have Jenna!

ahusted said...

So precious, sent chills down my arms.

Chrissy said...

Ok, another similarity! Lila did not come with a low volume setting!!