Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend Getaway

It was time for a weekend escape..away from the unpacking, organizing, etc. that still needs to be done. We headed to one of our favorite destinations...Branson, MO. We had a great time, but you'll just have to take my word for it, because I forgot my camera...and camera phones just don't do a very good job.

Even though it's still "off" season and most shows are not playing, we still did a lot in a few days and thoroughly enjoyed the sunny weather, swimming pool, outdoor shopping areas, walking trails, popcorn in the lobby, playing pool (so glad there was no audience!), a gospel hour/show on Sunday morning...free, btw, the Titanic Museum (it's the 100th anniversary of its one and only voyage), and lots of friendly folks that stopped and chatted with us and the kids.

But we're home now, kids are all asleep, after a fun, family weekend.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I bet you feel so refreshed! I'd love to visit Branson someday.

Jenny said...

Are you serious right now???? We go to family camp in Branson- we live about 4 hours away. We need to meet up!!!!

ahusted said...

After reading your blog about Branson again, I really feel my family needs to visit there. So glad you guys had a good trip. I'll have to get the name of the hotel. Sounds fantastic. Oh, the titanic display will be headed our way this summer. Yay!

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

I'm glad that you weren't there during the recent tornado outbreaks.