Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hot Scoot

Our Amarin has been home for over 2.5 years.  What a joy...what a clown...what a sensitive boy!
His language acquisition has been nothing short of speedy.  Such is the case, I do believe, with most kids when they come home with no English language skills.  They are like sponges!

But...
we still have these funny moments that make us all crack up.
Like today at lunch, when we were eating some icecream with toppings.

Amarin:  Mmmmm...this is good hot scoot.
I think we all said, in unison, "What?"
Amarin:  I said this is good hot scoot.

Translation:  butterscotch!
Thanks for the laugh, buddy!


smitten kitchen photo credit

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Yum! I think I'll try ordering some hot scoot at the ice cream shop and see what they say.

Tara said...

That's so sweet, their little brains are trying so hard! Max calls his step stool his "scooter". It makes we smile every time. Children are such a blessing!

Holly said...

Lol...Love it! : )