Saturday, February 16, 2013

Field Trip

 Field Trip!
Daddy took the day off work and we went to check out a Caterpillar facility.
 There were lots of hands-on activities.

Farmer Charlie...I can just imagine!

 I think I can make this go...

Jacob and Amarin loved the interactive google map.  They could zoom in to villages all over the world.
 Jamie favored the international logistics display.
This is why, crazy boy, you aren't getting your license until you're 30!

 I scooped up some cuties!

 Look out!  Girls behind the wheel!

 Watching her big brother's concentration...er...daydreaming.

 The simulators were a favorite, too.  We all have much more respect for the workers that move these machines.  It takes concentration, and coordination!

Jamie treated us to Olive G@rden for lunch after our field trip.
We just love field trips, and I should really try to do them more often.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks like fun. I am taking my kiddos there on Thursday. How long did you stay? Just wondering. We did the children's museum side of it last week and stayed from 10-2. It was wonderful!

Chrissy said...

I love your teaching style when you can get them out in the real world the learn and have fun at the same time. The simulator made me giggle. They had one on our cruise ship. Lila and I took out several container vessels, part of the pier, and the beach trying to launch the ship! It looks like you had a wonderful field trip!