Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

 It's Mother's Day Weekend.
I'm so thankful to be a mom to five beautiful children.

I love kids. I guess that's why I became a teacher a "few" years back.
And why I decided to stay home and watch my littles grow...and grow...and grow.
And why I decided to mix the two together and homeschool them.

I've recently been blessed with the chance to watch a few other children throughout the week.
Some of it is babysitting, and other times it's just the neighborhood children hanging out at our house.  And I love it!  This past Friday, I had between 8 and 12 kids in and out of the house...ages under 1 to 13.  Aren't they adorable?

 It's like feeding the multitudes!
(Note to self:  there are empty spaces at the table.  Should be filled.)

 The youngest and the oldest.  Is this not the cutest?

 On Saturday, Jamie shooed me out of the house with Laura for some shopping time.
I got an iced coffee...and Laura did NOT want to stop tasting it!
I'm surprised she didn't run through the store after being zapped with caffeine!
But she is almost 9.  It's only right that she be introduced to fine beverages.

Sunday, we went to church and then came home to presents.  Laura brought home a flower and pot from school.  I love the way she's hanging her arms around my neck while I open her gift.  She is really becoming my shadow lately.

 Jamie gave me a lilac bush.  I love lilacs and have had a bush at each home where we've lived.

 Then I got to choose where to go for lunch or dinner.  So, I chose a late lunch at an Asian restaurant that has one of my favorites...spicy mango chicken!
So thankful for my family.

 
All this said, I always have something else in the back of my mind on Mother's Day.
I think about the birthmoms of 4 of my children.  
It's only because of their decision...their sacrifice...that I'm a mom to so many children.
I truly hope that somehow they have a peace, knowing that their children are cared for and loved.
That they got out, and have the hope of a bright future.

This past Friday, for our weekly pizza/movie night, 3 other children joined us and spent the night.
Do you see this photo?  Only one child in this photo of 8 is living with his birthparents.
The others are without their birthmom for one reason or another.
I love that I get to be a part of each of their lives.  They are a blessing.


It makes my heart literally hurt knowing that there are so many orphans.
No matter how crazy and busy our life may be, I want to go back.
I want to do more.  I want to be their mom.  I want them to know a family.
I want them to have the medical care they need, and food and water to keep them healthy.
I want them to know love.

5 comments:

ahusted said...

Wow Ang! You have such a big heart and God has showed you patience or whatever it takes to handle all those extra kiddos. What a blessing you are to them!

Leslie said...

Happy Mother's Day friend! Praying for you as you search out God's will for your life in the coming months. Praying for that new, bigger vehicle to show up at your door.

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

Looks like a lot of fun at your house! What a blessing!

Rebecca said...

You have a beautiful family! And I love the books in your sidebar:) I bought "praying the scriptures for your children" in bulk and handed them out to friends. I gave my last one away just a few weeks ago. I need to go buy another one for myself and read through it/ pray through it again... So good.
Blessings,
Rebecca

The Rakes Family said...

So glad you enjoyed your day! You are such a great Mom and have the sweetest kids :)You have the biggest heart! Hope Jenna and Makayla are in the same dance class next year!♡