Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ping Pong & Big Tomatoes


Half my family has been gone since Sunday.
My 2 main chatterboxes are still at home, yet it is quieter.
Jamie's returning now from a business trip, and Jacob and Laura are spending time
with grandparents about 8 hours away.
The rest of us are taking it easy at home...reading some history, enjoying play time outdoors, and cleaning closets...but we won't go into that disaster!
Let's just say the garbage guys will have a couple extra bags this week!

During our history review, I asked them who they learned about today.  Char said, "Ping Pong!"
No, actually it was Marco Polo...but good guess.
 
Today we visited a local museum.  They were showing a documentary about "tornado alley" and the planetarium had some shows, too.

Amarin and Charlie are ready for the 3D tornado movie!


It was a fascinating documentary.  Jenna was very impressed by the "big tomatoes!"
After, we went on a planetarium tour of the stars with Big Bird and Elmo.
Now I remember why I kept Elmo to a minimum in our house...the voice, oh, the voice!

3 comments:

RamblingMother said...

How fun! My little girl used to call a tornado a tomato.

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

That's cute!

Leslie said...

So much fun! I am sure Laura and Jacob are having fun too!