Friday, July 5, 2013

Independence Day

 Happy Independence Day!!
So thankful for the freedoms that we have in this country.
And so thankful to share it with all of these little U.S. citizens!

 We crossed over into Alabama last night to a downtown area that was just hoppin'!
Jamie and I both commented on what a nice, family atmosphere there was...no rowdies, didn't hear foul language, etc.  Sure did hear some fun southern twang, though!
We only expected to watch fireworks, but there was so much more.
We watched a light show put together with patriotic music...how cool...a light show on palm trees.  I love palm trees.  They also included some local tunes...something about "roll tide."  You Alabama readers know which team that is, for sure, and boy, did the crowd go crazy with that song!  But the most crowd-pleasing song was "Sweet Home Alabama."  Not every state can boast their own top hit!

 As the light show ended, the fireworks commenced.  At their completion, the street party started back up again with some fun tunes, and dancing in the street.  I had to join in...I mean, really...who can resist the shuffle, and the YMCA?  A few kiddos joined me.  There were some other songs, too, that were obviously more "hip" than I am, and when I started to "raise the roof," Jacob said, "Oh, no.  Please, no, mom."  Ha!  I love it!

The kids were starting to look dazed and sleepy, so we headed back to the condo.
Such a fun evening!

2 comments:

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

Way to cut a rug!

Michelle said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit to both ends of our state! But promise me that you'll stick to saying, "Go Blue" instead of that other thing that you heard...YUCK! LOL