Wednesday, August 28, 2013

One More Reason

We are in our third week of homeschool. So far, not bad.
Definitely some good things happening.
And, as expected, some challenges.
During those challenging times, I'm tempted to run after that yellow bus,
and throw one or more children on with their school supplies.

But then I stop and remember some of the reasons that we've chosen to teach our children at home.  One reason is to enjoy the freedom of setting our own schedule.

We decided that we did not visit our local library enough last year.  This year, Wed. morning is "Library Morning."  The kids grabbed their book bags and library cards earlier today, and off we headed.  They brought home so many books that their arms hurt from carrying their heavy bags.  Book topics ranged from Winnie the Pooh to Ninjas to the Incredible Hulk to Car Restoration.

This is what happened for an hour after we got home...and before the blazing heat chased them back indoors.
I'm thankful for being able to set our own schedule.




1 comment:

Jean said...

LOve it! Us too!

Love that we have our own schedule! Love that we have freedom to do school and stop when we need to and then start up again when we want too!

I also have days that I question myself BUT truth be told I love the challenge!