Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Teddy Graham


So, it's history time.  I'm sitting with Charlie and Jenna, reading about symbols of our country...the flag, the Statue of Liberty, the Liberty Bell, etc.

Then we read a little about some important men in history...George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, etc.

We move on to landmarks...Plymouth Rock, Niagara Falls, the mighty Mississippi River, and Mt. Rushmore.  As any good teacher would do, :), I continue to inform them that the faces they see are of past presidents.  Charlie pipes up, "I know who they are!!  George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson....and...umm...Teddy Graham!"

Even on a challenging day, I'm so glad the kids are home so I get to share these funny things!


2 comments:

Mary Bradley said...

I just love reading about your homeschool fun! Thanks for sharing this funny story - one for his graduation!

Jay and Chandra and Penny Regan said...

That's cute! I'm from SD, so am familiar with Mt. Rushmore, but never knew his name was Teddy Graham!