Friday, January 16, 2015

Catching up...again...

I'm behind again on the blog.  Life keeps moving faster and faster.  My computer can't keep up.  Or maybe it's my brain.  Either way, I'm here once again to update photos from the past month.  So much happened and I'm not even sure I caught it all on film.  But here goes...
 
We had our Christmas at home a few days early.  It gives the kids a chance to hang out before we travel to Michigan.  Lining up for the obligatory photo on the stairs...hurry up, Mom!!
 Sorry to wake you so early, Gus!
 Charlie and his microphone...sing it!
 Nice photo bomb, Char!
 Jacob was thrilled with his ammunition box.
Me?  I loved my new smoothie maker.  Most mornings, that's my breakfast!
 Let's move on to the Christmas concert at church.  These are the sound guys.  What a handsome crew!  We finally got Jamie in a bow tie!
 They let me sing.  It was so much fun! We sang the arrangement called God With Us.
 Daddy and the kids are in charge of baking sugar cookies.
 
Finally, it was time to travel to Michigan for Christmas...where no child is ever spoiled.
 Ever.

 Christmas morning arrived, warmer than normal, dry, and a bit sunny.  The view from our hotel was just beautiful.  We love the great lakes.  This was the Christmas tree in our hotel room...just big enough for Santa to see the stockings.

 
 


 Laura looked so sweet admiring the lights.
 Our big, crazy family.
 Grandma, Papa, and the grandkids...that just keep growing.
 Later that day, we celebrated again.  More grandkids and great-grandkids with the other Grandma and Papa.
The next day we headed home.  The weather stayed bright and dry all the way.  When we got home, we had another treat waiting for us!
 So, they ate dinner.  I know...but the sooner the sweets are gone, the sooner I'll stop munching them!
 Jamie was thrilled to organize his new selection of coffees,
but Char was not so thrilled to be down with a (thankfully) light case of the chicken pox.
I think that about sums up our Christmas adventures.  It was a great holiday with family and friends.  Now, already half-way through January, we are excited to see what 2015 will hold for us.


2 comments:

Chandra Regan said...

Looks like a great time, minus the chicken pox!

Amy Husted said...

The kids are all growing so fast. Jacob looks like he may be taller than I am. There personalities are so awesome to see in pictures. Blessings to you all in the new year!