Our first summer vacation of 2008 was on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We took 10 days (4 were driving) with relatives to enjoy the pool, ocean, shopping, biking and, of course...hushpuppies! The Crazy Crab restaurant has by far the best hushpuppies on the island, and you just can't find them up north in Michigan! My niece and nephew were great with the kids...like having built in entertainment!
I half wonder if next year we should stay home, though. Every year we go, Charlie gives me a startle...and it gets bigger each year. Last year he jumped into the deep end of the pool with no swimmies. I fished him out....he laughed. This year we had to take him to the hospital because of a febrile seizure. Little pumpkin was just fine after a nap, some tylenol and a red popsicle. I, however, needed a little more time to gather my wits. The docs and medics were all great. The Marriott staff even sent him a little stuffed bear named "Doc."
Laura & Charlie always appear to others as twins. And I can't guess as to how many times we were asked that question on HHI. And I can't tell you how many people came up to me to tell me about their "daughter from Vietnam" or their "granddaughter from Korea." It's amazing how many families have experienced adoption in one way or another. How cool to think of the thousands of lives that are joined together from oceans away.
So, we're all home now and back to a "normal" routine. As much as we dislike leaving such a fun place, it's always good to climb into our own beds at night. Just wish we had that pool or ocean in our backyard!
Laura & Charlie playing in the water fountains by the pool.
Jacob's catchin' a wave.
A little down time before dinner. FYI, Charlie...your newspaper is upside down!
No comments:
Post a Comment