A bloggy friend Linny is hosting a "Crazy Love" party.
Wondering what that is?
Here's how Linny defined it in her post:
Then since Dw returned from Haiti last Saturday, he and I have been talking about all this even more. He spoke a little about it Sunday morning.....and one of the things he called it was "Crazy Love". Dw and I both love the word "radical" - but it can, at times, have a negative connotation. Crazy Love seems to sum it up {for us} in a way that although one may not understand what that means exactly to Dw and I, it doesn't sound scary or intimidating. Basically, we are committed to living life for Christ with reckless abandon, and with hearts full of "Crazy Love. "
Stop for a moment and imagine what Crazy Love would look like? It's love that says, "only you God and everything I can for my 'neighbor'. Whatever you ask - I'll do. Wherever you want me to go - I'll go. However you ask me to do it - I'm there. Whenever you want me - I'm available. Whatever. Wherever. However. Whenever. Ready. Willing. Watching. Waiting."
Yep. That's crazy. Not striving to "keep up with the Jones's"...not
coveting everything materialistic...not working to please those
around us by their standards...
but living and doing right by God's standards.
Being available to do God's work when we're called.
So, I suppose adopting for the fourth time could be considered
"Crazy Love."
Believe me, there are some families that have done
much more than we are doing,
but it's not about keeping up with them, either.
It's about answering God's call.
So, we decided to take Linny up on her "Crazy Love" party.
So, to answer a few of Linny's questions...
1. Yes, we tithe. And before someone says "well, shouldn't
you be using that money for your adoption?" Go
read Linny's blog. She explains tithing very well.
We also sponsor three children...one through Holt,
and two through Compassion International.
2. Yes, we attend a church.
It's Evangelical, but it's not
"the religion" we try to follow...it's Jesus and God's Word.
3. Jamie has served on the Missions Committee at our church,
and recently headed up a collection for Haiti.
I've been involved with Wednesday night Kid's Life,
and have recently started an Adoption/Foster Care Ministry.
4. So, what is our need? Well, we are adopting internationally
for the 4th time, and this will be our 5th child.
You can see sweet Shasha's photo on the right of
this blog.
We are raising money for this adoption.
We are having a rummage sale/silent auction on April 17th,
and a friend also wants to help us plan a spaghetti dinner
after the rummage sale is finished.
So, let's see how this "Crazy Love" thing works.
Please do not feel obligated...that's not what this is about.
If God truly does move your heart to give,
you can send it c/o Jamie Miller,
PO Box 302, Lapeer, MI 48446.
3 comments:
I added a little bit, it isnt much, but I hope it encourages you on your journey... :)
God Bless you in this Journey!!!
Cant wait to see him move!!!
Blessings
~Liz
Blessings on your journey to your sweet little girl! Excited to see the Lord work in the lives of the families that are participating!
God is so Good!!
Post a Comment