Thursday, May 13, 2021

Mountains

 From May 13, 2019

There. That mountain in front of me. It's not just a mountain actually; it's a whole stinkin' mountain range. It's as wide as I can see, so there's no going around it. It's too high and vast to attempt climbing. Too many loose rocks, caverns, and dark places. It's not safe. But I've seen it, so now I can't ignore it.
I turn around to go back to what seems safe and predictable, to what I know. But there I see more mountain ranges; mountains that I've already crossed. How on earth did I cross them and survive? Then I remember the scars. Those scars, although healed, are a gentle reminder.
Hope...in things unseen.
Faith...in a God I can trust.
Peace...knowing God is in control, always.
Patience...in His timing.
Joy...whether it's a valley, prairie, or mountain.
So I turn back and face that mountain range, because nothing is too big for God. He's got me.
Yet those who [a]wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will [b]mount up with [c]wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:31

No comments: