Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fruits of the Spirit

You're familiar with the fruits of the spirit in Galations 5:22? Well, patience is one of those fruits, and we're being tested in this as we wait for the State of Michigan to say we're not criminals. Our state background check should only take one week, and it's been a month. How hard can it actually be to punch in a couple of SS numbers, print out an "all clear" and mail it to our social worker?? We can't do anything for our adoption until this is done. So, we are "eating" fruit right now!
As we wait, we're enjoying our summer. Jacob has taken up golf this year. He started by driving Papa's cart in Hilton Head (with only one near miss of a stop sign), went to the driving range with Jamie a few days ago, and played his first nine holes yesterday. He's even getting the lingo down...irons, woods, etc. He thought it was hilarious that I thought the woods were actually made of wood. Isn't that why they're called woods??? Charlie is potty training, and it has been so easy! I thought for sure that his personality would cause this to be a challenge, but as it turns out, an independent personality is just right! Laura has started her OT again, and loves being there. Her therapist is great with her and makes it fun.

Our future paleontologist.

He found a T-Rex!!

Bath buddies.

Using the potty is cool, Charlie!

Loves blowing bubbles.

Strike a pose, princess!

2 comments:

amyhusted said...

As I am very frequently reminded, 'The Lord is control and his time isn't always the same as ours'. I'm so excited for all of you and will be anxious to meet the new addition into your family. As always, thanks for sharing:)

Cheryl said...

I just remarked to Dave - I have to wait on ... and I don't like waiting.
Recently, when I find myself waiting, I think of our series on Esther and how God was doing a work behind the scenes during her waiting.