Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Few More Steps

Laura walked today. She was standing at the window in Grandma's kitchen and Grandma was sitting behind her. Laura took a couple pivot steps, and then about 5 more steps...totally without prompting...over to Grandma. We were so excited! Even Laura clapped for herself after the first couple steps. So, once again, we know she can walk...it's just a matter of time for her to gain confidence in her new mobility. We've noticed her getting stronger, and her therapists are really working on building her core muscles so when she does try to walk, she will be that much stronger and more balanced. Had someone told me 3.5 years ago that Laura still would not be walking, I'd never have believed it. Yet I've never been so excited to see one of my children take those first steps. I can't wait for the day when she can tag along with her brothers!

3 comments:

Sugar Momma said...

How exciting...I can only imagine the joy of witnessing her steps! Way to go Laura :)

amyhusted said...

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Unknown said...

Yeah for Laura!!! We miss you all and are so happy you will be traveling soon!
Rachelle