Monday, March 8, 2010

Rummage Sale

Here we go!
We're starting to raise funds for our adoption,
and on April 17th,
we're having a community-wide rummage sale.
For the past few weeks, I've been cleaning out our house.
Boy, oh, boy...I never knew how much stuff
I had sitting around my house that I
didn't use.
I'm going room by room, and if it hasn't been used
in the past few years, it's outta here.
Our friends from church came over
last night to help us get organized.
I'll tell ya...they have such big hearts!
They're letting us use their warehouse which is in the middle
of town...perfect location.
They're contacting newspapers and radio stations for us,
donating some big ticket items for our silent auction, and
organizing the sale of pizza and drinks.
We are so thankful for all of their help!
What a great example of fulfulling James 1:27...
see the top of my blog if you're not familiar with the Bible verse.
They may not be adopting, but they are reaching out to the
orphans by helping us in the process of bringing home Shasha.

7 comments:

Adeye said...

Can't wait to see what God is going to do! I just know He's about to open the floodgates of heaven and pour down PROVISION!!!!

Sharon said...

Sounds like a great idea Angie!! And you have wonderful friends!

amyhusted said...

Please let me know the date and I'll send out an email to SOF.

Karin said...

Wow, that is so amazing!! What wonderful friends you have. :)

Anonymous said...

Please let us all know when and where it will be!

Megan said...

I will be praying for God's blessings to be abundant that weekend! Yay for church friends!!

Blessings~

Kam said...

LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it! Sounds like great friends and I will pray for a wonderful sale! I'm sure God will honor all of your efforts!