Wednesday, March 11, 2009

50 Feet

We are no longer counting the number of steps that Laura is walking...we're now counting feet. She walked 50 feet today at therapy without a bit of prodding. She "chased" a huge ball down the hallway. I was so proud of her, and I know that this is just the beginning of her walking. It will take time for her to build her confidence and not rely upon being carried everywhere, but it's coming. I just have to wait.

And as we were driving away from therapy today, a song came on the radio and, boy, did it speak to me. It's called While I'm Waiting, by John Waller...and if you have your sound on, you should be listening to it now.
I really think...no...I know that God is teaching me patience as I wait for His perfect timing. If it were up to me, Laura would have been walking a few years ago, and our new son would be home already. I like to be in control, and if things don't go along at the pace I think they should, then phone calls and emails and appointments are made to get them done! But I'm learning that I can turn that all over to God, and not be anxious for anything. Yes, I'm excited for things to happen, but I try not to stress about them anymore. And actions are required of me for things to get done, but I'm learning to approach them in a much more peaceful manner. I know God has a plan, and His plan is way better than my botched attempts to work it all out myself. God works "behind the scenes" and I have no idea what He's planning through all of this...but it's gotta be good!
I read this verse in Isaiah today:

Isaiah 40:31 Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

1 comment:

Sugar Momma said...

Yea Laura!!! Woo Hoo!! Great Post Angie-Good stuff! I love that song too :)