Saturday, March 28, 2009

Grandbaby

On Thursday night, whatever youthfulness I felt, was quickly squashed. We were in a cute little diner in Pigeon Forge, TN, waiting for our meal. Laura wanted to walk a bit, so I was following her around the diner since there weren't many patrons at the time. Well, the hostess came up and was asking about Laura. And then the bombshell...she asked if Laura was my grandbaby!

WHAT? I have no idea what my expression must have looked like...but I tried as politely as I could to tell her that Laura is my DAUGHTER! Maybe it's time to invest in some really good anti-aging cream...or maybe things are just a little different here in the hills of TN!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

GRANDBABY! You've got to be kidding me? I wish people would engage their brains before opening their mouths! You're one hot mama, Ange...I promise!

Sugar Momma said...

I don't understand it...I have had something very similiar happen. I went bridal shopping with a younger friend of mine. I was asked not once but twice if I was the mother of the bride...if I didn't feel old enough already :) I would have to have had her when I was 12. I seriously considered some anti-aging cream myself. But, then thought about the price vs. what other things we could purchase and well...guess I'll just remain distinguished looking..Ha!

Karin said...

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way do you look like her grandma!