Thursday, April 9, 2009

Country Hazards

One of the hazards of living in the country...snakes! This is just a baby garter, but I know the mommy and all her friends are out there, too. A few weeks back we ran into what could have been a nest of them in the woods...too many for my liking...actually one is too many for me. I think I have a phobia, and I will no longer being going for walks in the woods until next winter. I even have the boys go on a "snake hunt" before I cut the grass on the west side of our house. There are always snakes there. Once they give me the all-clear, I proceed to cut. We also have big black snakes that someone referred to as rat snakes. Ooooh...gives me the chills! At least we're not near the Everglades in Florida where the pythons are spreading!

No comments: