Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Hornets

Jacob had his first soccer game today. The weather was close to 80 degrees and windy...not typical April weather at all for these-here-parts...but a beautiful day for being outside. His team won the first game 1-0. Jacob loves playing defense, and each season, he gets more and more aggressive. He used to shy away from touching the ball, but now he's right in there. He's playing with 3rd and 4th graders, so it's little rougher...a little shoving going on, and more of a likelihood to catch a ball in the stomach or face.

We usually get a play-by-play from Jacob about what happens on the field that we can't see or hear. He said that a player on the other team was saying things that weren't very nice. So two of Jacob's teammates decided that they should "get him back." Jacob said, "Mom, I kind of witnessed to them and told them that was revenge and they shouldn't do it." I love to see God working through kids!




I'm not sure what he was doing here...maybe a block?

No comments: