Monday, April 27, 2009

SILKS

We've been coined a new term...Jamie and I are SILKS. You've heard the term DINKS...double income, no kids. SILKS is single income, lots of kids. Come on now...a few of you reading this fall into the same category!
I read it in a book I've been reading called After The Dream Comes True, by Michelle Gardner. It's a great book about what families may go through once their new child comes home from the orphanage or foster home. I highly recommend it for anyone who is close to an adopting family. Sometimes the choices adopting families make don't make sense to others...why not have the huge "welcome home" party? Or a big birthday bash? And what's the deal with the child's name? Why can't we come visit for a few weeks once you're home? Where are all the new clothes and toys?
Even though this is our 3rd adoption, I'm learning a lot. Ah, everyday is an adventure!








1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Anything new? Still praying!