Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back to School, again

We're back in full swing this week...preschool for the little ones, homeschool for the boys,
piano. It's been a busy, but very productive week. I think the Christmas
break was good for all of us.
Here's a belated Christmas present from Charlie.
He had croup the week of his Christmas party at preschool,
so he brought this home for us Tuesday...little angel! And
I love the fingerprint light bulbs!

Here are the boys coloring pictures of Vivaldi, the composer.
They listen to Vivaldi's music while coloring...pretty relaxing, I think.
But why do kids insist on barefeet in the middle of winter?
"I can read lots of books!"

I came home yesterday from picking up Laura,
and Jacob was in the kitchen mixing up blueberry bread.
Love a kid who can cook for me!

And this is Laura's fan club...her brothers. They all
ran across the backyard when they heard Laura
and me knock on the window. They greeted her and
she just smiled.




7 comments:

Kam said...

Sounds like us! Full swing! Love these pics of your crew! Hope you all are having a very happy start to your new year!

Adeye said...

You are SUCH a blessed mommy. Look at all your beautiful treasure.

Oh, I am so with you--my kids INSIST on being barefoot. I used to be able to blame it on their being African--then we added two Chinese angels, who also insisted on being barefooted. Needless to say, the African theory went out the window :)

I have given up. Rather them, than me :)

amyhusted said...

Yes, crazy week. Gary insisted on a snow day today since he's home and all other kids have a snow day. Wahoo!!!!

Sugar Momma said...

Looks like a lot of fun.
I love the see through fireplace, how cozy to enjoy it in both rooms :)
Your kids seem to be enjoying themselves in the snow. We have a windchill of 3...3...in Texas. Crazy. I think I would like the snow to accompany it.
I am totally stealing the lightbulb fingerprint idea...soo cute and easy...which is right up my alley :)

Cheryl said...

Love, LOVE your story through pictures...What a neat idea - the fingerprint lightbulbs! Fun times to enjoy and remember. I just dropped mine off on the curb at DTW, gave bear hugs, a peck on the cheek and they were gone. I REALLY enjoyed the time with them.

Megan said...

Great pics! We are in full swing here too! Love the picture frame from preschool!! The cooking is such a help isn't it?! Your family is beautiful~

Blessings~

amyhusted said...

Congrats Amarin on the hard work you've been doing and all those books you've accomplished. Wow!! He's one smart cookie.