I love to sit and read before I fall asleep.
Sometimes there are books that are a good read,
and then there are books that are great-can't-put-it-down reads.
This is one of those.
Safely Home by Randy Alcorn.
Sometimes there are books that are a good read,
and then there are books that are great-can't-put-it-down reads.
This is one of those.
Safely Home by Randy Alcorn.
In short, this book is about two young men who are roommates
at H*rvard University.
One is a Christian American, and the other is Chinese
who is loyal to the Party.
The American man leads the Chinese man
to Christ.
This Chinese man graduates top of his class, and heads back to China
This Chinese man graduates top of his class, and heads back to China
to become a university professor.
Life twists and turns for these young men.
The American becomes a very wealthy, and successful
businessman and heads to China to build more
business relations, and decides to stay with his
college friend to get the feel for real life in China.
From there, you read about the house churches,
the Party, and what life really is like for this Chinese man
and his family.
An amazing book.

7 comments:
Sounds like a great book!! Thanks for the recommendation! I think I will get it!!
We loved this book!
I think I have read almost all your book suggestions and have loved them all. Keep them coming and thanks!!!!
I will have to add it to my list!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that book!! I should read it again...it's been a few years since I read it.
I'll have to go grab that right up! Thanks!
You might like to check out www.booksneeze.com for bloggers. They offer free books to be reviewed.
Post a Comment