Friday, November 27, 2020

Choosing Thankfulness

 How might I even begin listing my thankfuls?  If I've learned nothing else during 2020, I have definitely learned that I have to choose thankfulness.  Reading and rereading my 2020 thankfuls in my prayer journal, I'm reminded how many blessings have come our way this year.  Yes, even this year.  Perhaps it allowed Thanksgiving to take on a deeper meaning, a deeper sense of gratitude for what we have, and what truly matters:  faith, family, friends, health, opportunities.

Home. There's no place I'd rather be this side of heaven.






Jenna, my sous chef. We started preparing food two days prior to Thanksgiving. Homemade cranberries are so easy to make, and fun to hear pop in the pan!

When one needs a little boost...;)

We talked Charlie into helping prepare the dressing before he headed off to school.

Charlie has the best bus driver ever!  What other bus driver do you know who hands out homemade bread to his riders?  (OK...he's our friend and his wife is a wonderful baker.:)

Watching parades on Thanksgiving morning is a tradition.  We flip between New York and Detroit.

Panda and Bamboo were very happy to dine on cooked turkey innards.

While the turkey roasted, Jamie hung Christmas lights.  We're all ready for Christmas joy!

Jacob is a great project manager!

Gus, who rarely gets people food, was in heaven with turkey innards and gravy over his kibble.

This family...I am so blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving, 2020.  May we remember the blessings that happened throughout the course of this past year.  The world sees the negative, but we are choosing to see the light and the joy.

No comments: