Saturday, November 28, 2020

Ready or not!

 My family will tell you that I'm pretty steadfast that Thanksgiving must be enjoyed and completed before Christmas enters our home.  No movies.  No decorations. No carols.  Thanksgiving is such a beautiful holiday, and it deserves its own time.

But this year, I struggled to not dive into Christmas early.  I was ready...ready for hope, joy, laughter, traditions.  Apparently, I'm not the only one. I keep reading posts and hearing others say the same thing.  Even our neighborhood lit up Christmas lights a week early.

So, on Thanksgiving night, I did it!  I took down all of the harvest decor, and pulled out the Christmas boxes.  This isn't earth-shattering to anyone, I know, but it just goes to show (through my type-A personality), that it was time!

Friday morning arrived.  Jamie, Jacob, and Charlie took off for Black Friday fun, Jenna worked at our local thrift store, Helping Hands, while Laura and I decked out our home.  Christmas carols played...what a fun morning!  Later in the day, we decorated our Christmas tree and, as tradition, watched The Polar Express with pizza.  

I love traditions, especially this time of year.  It is so needed this year, and it just feels right.  Christmas...a time of hope, joy, laughter, and traditions.

So many boxes!

Black Friday fun beginning with coffee and donuts from Dunkin' Donuts! Bass Pro Shop and Best Buy, here they come!


Which decoration does not belong (courtesy of Jacob)?

I'm in love with buffalo plaid and red pick-up trucks this year.


Laura's very own Christmas tree, complete with non-breakable ornaments!




My morning coffee/Bible/quiet place.

Laura is the best supervisor ever as we decorate the tree.

Jacob has his own tradition of wearing his Santa hat while we decorate the tree.

My bookends battling for the top place on the tree for their personal ornaments.  The longest arms tend to win.  
Ahhh...the infamous cinnamon/applesauce homemade ornament that, as a young boy, Charlie thought would taste yummy. Sorry, Amarin!

Char recreated the action to send to Amarin.

Love these two!


You guys need any help? Is it devotion time?



Ready for The Polar Express!

No comments: