This year, Charlie definitely "got it." I sang Happy Birthday when he woke up this AM, and all day long, it was HIS day. He kept singing, "Abba doo doo, me" or "Abba doo doo, Charlie"...translation..."Happy Birthday to me" and "Happy Birthday to Charlie." And he's serious...."No Jacob, Wawa (Laura), Mommy's Abba doo doo." Nope...this day is all yours, buddy. Laura's therapists came out and sang Happy Birthday to him, too. They were in costume for Halloween and Charlie must have thought it was just for his birthday! He wanted to go to Kalloways for dinner, so off we went. He got his icecream dessert, balloons, and another serenade. Jamie brought the kids home and I went to the store to buy the cakes (the boxes filled with powder). As soon as I walked through the door, Charlie came running out, grabbed the 2 boxes of cake powder and ran off squealing with excitement to show Jacob his birthday cakes. Doesn't take much to please this little guy. And to top it off, he got a guitar. He was so excited...even wanted to take it to bed. Can you imagine waking to that in the middle of the night? I just love this age when the little things make them so happy!
The Bob t-shirt looks more like a nightgown!
Now we're rockin'.
Who's guitar is it again?
No comments:
Post a Comment