This is what's left of Charlie's candy bar. He chose it as his prize at church after working hard in his quiet time book. He so badly wanted to hold it in the van, so I let him under strict direction that he NOT eat it in the van. I'm very type A about having no chocolate finger smudges in my van! Less than 1/2 way home, it dawned on me that Charlie was uncharacteristicly quiet. I asked him to give me the candy bar and the photo you see is what was left. I didn't even hear a wrapper crinkle! I told him that he disobeyed mommy and we would have to "chat" about this at home. I don't think he quite understood the implications of direct disobedience, because he joyfully ran into the house to tell daddy that he was "a bad boy and mommy says no, no eat the chocolate." (BTW, we have never called him a "bad boy!" That's his own terminology). But this is Charlie...he's either all in, or nothing. Actually, I couldn't stop snickering (without him hearing) all the way home. And quite frankly, I doubt that I could have made it home without eating the candy bar, either. He is such a character!
No comments:
Post a Comment