The kids and I were listening to talk radio today while driving around town. The host was talking about how our country needs to be in prayer now like never before. The National Day of Fasting and Prayer was instituted by the Continental Congress back on March 20, 1779. Here's the conversation that transpired:
Jacob: Why does our country need to pray more?
Mom: Some decisions are being made that are not very moral. Not as many people pray anymore.
Jacob: Is the president praying today?
Mom: No, I heard he's not participating.
Jacob: I thought he said he was a Christian, so why isn't he praying?
Mom: Why don't you ask him?
Jacob: I think he would get mad at me.
Mom: It doesn't matter if people get mad at you. You have to do what you know is right. Why don't you write him a letter?
Jacob: Will you help me?
Mom: Yep.
So, tomorrow is letter writing day. Should be interesting if he gets a response from the President of the United States.
No comments:
Post a Comment