In other words...it doesn't matter. Well, a little bit. Our travel to Thailand has been postponed for 2 weeks. One of the "powers that be" did not cross the t's and dot the i's appropriately and our paperwork is not ready. Needless to say, we didn't know what to do. Should we travel and take a chance that our paperwork would be there in time, but if not...we'd have to return home without our son. My stomach was in knots for a couple days and I was a wee bit cranky....OK...a LOT cranky...just ask my kids. Maybe they'll be kind since it's Mother's Day weekend.
But, we've seen some great things happen within this mess. While trying to work this out, my mom just happened to call, my dad just happened to be home to talk to me, and just happens to know a state representative and U.S. congresswoman, and they just happened to be meeting together the next morning. So...there are some "higher ups" calling Thailand for us Monday morning to get this worked out fast.
Then there were the flights. Jamie got home late Friday night (he had been in TX for 2 days while this all transpired) and began looking into changing our flights with Northwest. I never thought I'd say this...but I now LOVE NW. I won't refer to them as "Northworst" anymore. I was trying to fall asleep last night as Jamie was talking with the NW rep on the phone. I could hear his voice getting a little stronger and louder...not good. So, I started repeating to myself a new memory verse that I learned recently due to my small group study of the book of Luke.
Luke 1:37 Nothing is impossible with God.
After a few minutes, I hear Jamie say, "Well, thank you. You've just made my day." He came in to tell me that the NW rep. was going to charge us $3,700. to change our flights. No wonder Jamie's voice got louder! But the rep. put him on hold, talked to his supervisor and then told Jamie that they decided to do an even exchange...no extra cost!
This morning we informed our agency of our travel change, and they will have to aggressively take it from here. I hope Amarin wasn't told an exact date that we would be coming. I hope he's just being prepared that we will be there very, very soon. We love you, Sweet Boy.
1 comment:
Hi Angie, I'm Kam from the Yahoo boards. I've always wondered if you had a blog...I love the verse at the bottom of your signature and reasoned that you must be a believer.
My hubs and I are adopting a son through WACAP from Thailand. He is two and is a waiting child at the TRC in Bangkok. This is our first adoption. We have two bio daughters (almost 9 and 6).
My hubs is a youth/education pastor and I work partime at our girls' private, Christian school. We are venturing into the world of homeschooling next year and are very excited (nervous!) about it! I'd love your insight.
I've spent the last little while perusing your blog! I will pray for you and Jamie and the trip ahead of you. So thankful your tickets got worked out and things are falling into place (by God's providence alone) for you. I can't wait to "watch" you go! I will live vicariously through you! lol!
We received our referral in mid Feb and are waiting for that coveted "To whom..." letter to arrive. No idea how long that will take. But I'm dying! Not really, it's only been about 11 months since we started but still. I just want my son! I know you understand!
Well, sorry this is so stinkin' long! I just appreciate your heart and am happy to know of your blog now!
Hugs and prayers from GA~
Kam
Post a Comment